The IT Network Administrator Maintains the computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance. This position will work closely and communicate regularly with the Restaurant Systems team and the Managed Service provider to support the organization’s technology infrastructure.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Maintains network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures.
• Secures network by implementing best practices for network access and control; maintaining documentation.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Research and recommend infrastructure enhancements and hardware/software solutions to streamline processes, ensure system stability, and enable growth.
• Plan and execute the installation of hardware, software, network, and other technology at corporate offices, restaurants, and data centers.
• Support the daily telecom needs of the company including device administration, phone system configuration and support, and resolution of device and account issues. Coordinate efforts with third party vendors.
• Resolve technical issues within defined SLAs and document root cause and resolution. Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues.
• Assist in implementing new restaurant systems and network infrastructure including routers, switches, PCs, printers, etc…
• Serve as a 24/7 escalation point of contact for critical infrastructure issues and provide timely updates to senior management..
• Participate in new restaurant openings and system deployments
• BS degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and/or 3+ years equivalent work experience