- Assists in minimizing supplier base without compromising product quality, cost, supply availability and vendor relations.
- Manages and participates in the due diligence process for vendor selection.
- Performs vendor evaluations, reviews competitive bidding and requisitions.
- Assists management with proper purchasing internal controls to mitigate and minimize company risks.
- Acts as liaison between restaurant managers and contracted vendors of national programs to help resolve issues with quality, specs, service, delivery, price compliance and other customer-vendor relationship problems.
- Performs cost benefit analysis.
- Maintains historical records relating to purchasing consumption, price history, contracts, and national programs.
- Performs market analysis of food commodities – meats, poultry and seafood.
- Assists in preparation of reports with forecast and recommendations to concept leaders.
- Performs price compliance audits for all contracted food, smallwares commodities, and other products as needed.
- Performs rebate analysis to ensure accuracy of rebate payment from contracted suppliers.
- Provides and archives all information pertaining to nutritionals for all concepts
- Ensures health checks are completed monthly for all goods and services
- Supports restaurant operations and marketing departments with procurement of printing material and other products when required.
- Executes all corporate procurement and department goals & objectives. Analyzes methods to reduce costs, improve quality and enlarge the supply chain.
- Responsible for optimization of the supplier base into a select group of proven high quality suppliers and strategic partner relationships.
- Works closely with management to determine needs, develop strategies and plan and provide procurement sources in support of those needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sound project management and control skills. Strong negotiating and communication skills. Flexibility to adapt to pressure. Must be able to source the best possible at the best possible prices. Well versed in inventory management and control as well as purchasing protocols. Excellent knowledge in sourcing product, including importing. Strong buying and purchasing experience. Organized, attentive to detail, highly productive. Self-motivated and strong willed, nut not abrasive. Excellent computer skills to include word and excel. Experienced, results-oriented purchasing professional with exceptional abilities in building/developing internal teams and vendor relationships.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in procurement in a management role is required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - Employs analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; plans and efficiently organizes work, appropriately seeks, manages, integrates and interprets data. Able to prioritize work and make sound decisions using available data. Exercises good judgment and is committed to excellence and operational integrity.
- Collaboration & Customer Relationships - Understands the value of diverse talents and perspectives and encourages diversity of thought and ideas. Is always professional when dealing with internal and external customers. Works through differences and finds a productive common ground with others to achieve mutually beneficial results. Has a strong sense of customer service.
- Functional Expertise - Achieves success through a comprehensive knowledge of industry and business as it relates to position. Applies creative solutions resulting in internal and external customer satisfaction. Demonstrates initiative and is accountable for own actions and decisions.
Excellent excel skills to include pivot tables
- Communication Skills - Has good verbal and written skills; is effective when communicating with peers and superiors as well as with customers and others outside the company. Expresses opinions and ideas concisely. Encourages two-way communication.
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Work is generally sedentary in nature, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including human body. Walking and standing but may be required, up to 15% of the time